Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Our New Home- Schweinfurt

So I have had these pictures for a few days now and I have just been too lazy to load them on here. They are not the best but it was extremely hot the day I took them and honestly I was just in a rush to get back into my car with A/C... :) But it will still give you a good idea of what Schweinfurt looks like. It is a beautiful city, although I really have not seen a place here that is ugly. So here it goes....

This is the main street downtown... now when I say main street, they don't actually have driving on these roads. You park on the outskirts and walk into these are where all of the store are... kind of wierd.. but nice...




Now the rest of these are just pretty homes... so you can kind of get the idea of how these people live... they like beauty everywhere...











One last little thing.. this picture below does not look like much.. I did not realize what I was taking a picture of until I got home and was doing some research on WWII, but the building there is Schweinfurts city hall and it was where Hitler gave one of his biggest speeches during the war... very interesting... there wil be more to come in that area since I have a WWII obsession...



Hope you enjoyed the pictures of my new home... more to come this weekend after we visit Nurmburg!

3 comments:

  1. So, so pretty there....I hope your loving it! I want to see your house!
    Luv ya much, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...kind of weird.."
    Accept Germany in its entirety. It's a beautiful place which I hold very close to my heart and to hear something like that,
    it upsets me that someone would make such a negative connotation
    and almost sounds ungrateful.

    I would give my right hand just to go back.
    Don't be a prat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings back memories a girl I met Brigitte Schmidt and her mother mama Schmidt at old schweinfurt bar I will never forget them Joe beres josephbnaples@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete